Furnace Repair In Anoka Minnesota

Carbon monoxide is a dangerous & deadly gas that can’t be seen and doesn’t have an odor. It can be produced by improperly ventilated appliances and engines, often in an enclosed area. It’s imperative that your HVAC system undergoes regular Preventative Maintenance checks to prevent a carbon monoxide gas leak. Here are 4 warning signs to look for to help you determine if you have a carbon monoxide leak in your home: Furnace Repair In Anoka Minnesota

Soot or Smoke Stains

Carbon monoxide isn’t visible and doesn’t give off an odor. However, carbon monoxide is often accompanied by other indicators that signal there is an issue. Soot that has accumulated around your furnace can indicate that there is a carbon monoxide leak. Discoloration around your appliances is a warning sign of the dangerous gas. Getting regular furnace service is an important way to minimize the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Contact an HVAC contractor to help ensure your safety.

Heat Exchanger Damage

There are different potential causes of a carbon monoxide gas leak. A damaged heat exchanger can lead to a carbon monoxide gas leak. Heat exchangers can be damaged in several ways such as cracks due to heat stress, mechanical stress, or mechanical damage. Gasket or sealant leaks can cause broken crimped rings and broken/leaking furnace seals or gaskets. During your annual furnace maintenance, your HVAC contractor can determine if you have heat exchanger damage and if it warrants a heat exchanger replacement. Having a functioning heat exchanger is important for the operation of your furnace as well as reducing the risk of a carbon monoxide leak.

Yellow or Orange Gas Flame

If your furnace’s gas flame is orange or yellow, this indicates an improper oxygen ratio for combustion. It could mean that dust particles are causing a dirty burner and that it needs cleaning, or it could indicate that there is a carbon monoxide leak. Your gas flame should burn blue. If you have a yellow or orange gas flame, proceed with caution and contact your local HVAC company to assess the risk in your home and make any necessary furnace repairs.

Unexplained Illnesses

If you haven’t changed your air filter in a while, you might experience some effects from poor indoor air quality. However, this is different than experiencing symptoms from carbon monoxide exposure, which can potentially be deadly. Unexplained tiredness & drowsiness, dizziness, chest pains, nausea, and headaches that improve once you’re away from your home are all warning signs that you have been exposed to carbon monoxide. If you’re experiencing these symptoms, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible.

If you suspect you have a carbon monoxide leak in your home, leave the proximity immediately and get some fresh air. Contact 911 while you’re at a safe place; your local fire department can test the carbon monoxide level in your home. You should also make an appointment with a medical professional. It’s important to have a carbon monoxide detector to help determine if you’re exposed to the deadly gas. Furnace maintenance is also essential to take measures beforehand to minimize the risk of exposure.

All Climate Mechanical is proud to offer furnace repair in Anoka and surrounding areas to help minimize the risk of carbon monoxide as well as promote safe and comfortable living conditions. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with an HVAC contractor in Anoka.

Furnace Repair In Anoka Minnesota

Furnace Repair In Anoka Minnesota

About Portkey

No Comments

Be the first to start a conversation

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *