HVAC Maintenance in Golden Valley MN | How to Properly Maintain and Clean Your HVAC System for Optimal Performance
Hire a Professional
When it comes to cleaning and maintaining your HVAC unit, it’s best to leave it to the professionals. Trying to take on HVAC cleaning yourself can result in unintended damage to your unit and even more serious consequences. Here are some reasons why you should hire a professional HVAC technician: HVAC Maintenance in Golden Valley MN
1) Technical knowledge – HVAC systems are complex, and if something goes wrong with your system, it’s important to have a technician who knows how it works.
2) Catch signs of Damage- A trained HVAC technician will do more than just clean out your unit, they’ll be able to inspect it for signs of damage. Catching this early on will prevent more serious problems from happening down the road.
3) Prevent future problems- Cleaning your unit regularly can help prevent damage to your system and extend its life.
4) Knowledge of Safety Standards- HVAC systems are complex, and there are safety standards that need to be followed when servicing them. Untrained technicians may not know what they’re doing and could cause serious harm to you or your family.
5) Save money – HVAC cleaning is an investment, not only in terms of time but also money. Professional technicians have access to more advanced technology than what you may have at home, so they can do a better job for less money than you would spending hours on it yourself! Trying to DIY HVAC cleaning
Change your Air Filters Regularly
Air filters are an integral part of your HVAC system. They’re responsible for cleaning the air that circulates through your home, and when they get clogged up with dust and debris, you can see a drop in energy efficiency and performance. It’s recommended that you change your filters every three months, but if you notice that your system isn’t working as well as it used to it’s worth checking the filters to see if they need changing. You can also use a small vacuum cleaner to clean dust and debris off of them, but remember that using a vacuum cleaner has the potential to cause more problems than it solves. It is always safest to hire a professional HVAC technician to clean your air filters. They know what they’re doing, and they’ll make sure that your system is running at peak efficiency.
Clean your System Outdoors
If you have an outdoor unit, it’s important to keep it free of leaves and debris as much as possible. This will help prevent heating or cooling from escaping into the atmosphere instead of circulating through your home. It’s also a good idea to check the area around your outdoor unit on a regular basis. If you see leaves or debris building up, it could mean that there is a blockage somewhere that needs to be cleared out.
Block Unused Vents to keep Energy Costs Down
During points of the year where you don’t need as much heating or cooling as usual, you can block off the vents in your home to keep energy costs down. For example, if you live in a warm area and don’t need air conditioning during the summer months, it’s a good idea to block off vents that lead to your attic or crawlspace until they are needed again. This will help prevent heat from escaping into these areas during the winter when you’ll need them again.
Gently wipe down vent covers
Dust and debris can build up in your home’s ducts over time, but you can help prevent this by both regularly changing your home’s HVAC filters, and by wiping down vent covers. Keeping the areas around your ducts clean of debris and dust means these particles are less likely to make their way into your home’s air ducts and stick around. This is especially important for people who have allergies or asthma, but it can also help improve your home’s air quality for everyone.
Schedule Regular Maintenance
The key to properly maintaining your HVAC unit to ensure it stays running efficiently for as long as possible is to schedule regular maintenance. You should make this a part of your home’s annual maintenance plan, and make sure to call in a technician when you notice any issues with your HVAC system. If your home or business has a complicated HVAC system that includes multiple units, you’ll want to make sure it’s serviced by a professional at least twice a year. This will help ensure your system is running efficiently and won’t break down during the hottest days of summer or coldest days of winter.
At All Climate Mechanical, we’d be happy to help you with Furnace Replacement, Roof Top Heating Units, Residential Heating, Thru-the-Wall Systems, Ductless Split Systems, Thermostats and Controls, Preventative Maintenance, and more! If you still have any questions after reading this article, always consult your local HVAC professional. We’re always happy to help so give us a call today! We can help you with your HVAC Maintenance in Golden Valley MN to ensure your HVAC systems are functioning at optimal performance. Reach out to All Climate today!