Install a New Furnace in Coon Rapids | Standard vs High Efficiency Furnaces
If your heating isn’t working properly this winter, you might be looking to repair or install a new furnace in Coon Rapids. In the cold Minnesota winter, you don’t want to be stuck with a furnace that won’t turn on or doesn’t work properly to provide proper heating. If you’re deciding on a type of furnace to install, consider these differences between a standard and high efficiency furnace:
Install a New Furnace in Coon Rapids | A.F.U.E.
The main difference between a standard and high efficiency furnace is the A.F.U.E., or Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. A standard efficiency furnace has an A.F.U.E. of 80%, which means that 80% of the heat produced during combustion by your furnace is used in heating your home. The other 20% is lost through steam, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and other gases. When you pay your HVAC company in Coon Rapids MN to install a standard efficiency furnace in your home, your furnace will not be working as efficiently as it could be. On the other hand, a high efficiency furnace has an A.F.U.E. of about 95%. This means that only 5% of the heat produced by your furnace is lost as waste. High efficiency gas furnaces are also known as “condensing” furnaces. For more information on how the A.F.U.E. impacts the efficiency of your furnace and the differences between different types of efficiencies, contact your local HVAC contractors in Coon Rapids MN, the team at All Climate Mechanical.
Install a New Furnace in Coon Rapids | Flutes and Vents
Another difference between standard and high efficiency furnaces is the way waste is vented from your furnace. When you’re thinking about replacing your furnace in Coon Rapids MN, you might be thinking about the cost of installation for your new furnace. A standard efficiency furnace releases waste fnt called a “flue” that directs the steam and gas to the roof of your home through a fairly simple process. However, high efficiency furnaces release less waste than standard efficiency furnaces, meaning cooler steam that condenses into liquid water. Because of this, they require a more complicated venting process to release and drain water from the unit, and they are more complicated for your Coon Rapids HVAC contractor to install. This makes high efficiency furnaces slightly more expensive to install – however, as the furnace is more efficient, you may end up saving more money on your energy bills in the long run.
Install a New Furnace in Coon Rapids | Environmental Impact
When you pay for an HVAC replacement in Coon Rapids MN, the environmental impact of your new furnace might not be your first concern. However, saving the climate can also end up saving you more money. When you install a more energy-efficient unit, you may be able to save money with a tax break the next year. More efficient units do not need to work as hard as other units to provide you with the same amount of heat, so they will also be able to save you money on your monthly energy bills. For more information environmental impacts and how more efficient furnaces can end up saving you more money in the long run, contact your local Coon Rapids HVAC company. The experienced team at All Climate Mechanical can help you discuss environmentally friendly and affordable options for repairing or replacing your furnace this winter.
How can we Help?
The team at All Climate Mechanical is committed to providing affordable, high quality results and excellent customer service. We can help with all of your HVAC service needs. Contact us to find out more today!
HVAC Contractors in Coon Rapids MN| All Climate Mechanical
All Climate Mechanical, your local HVAC contractor in Coon Rapids MN, can provide you with the following services: Furnace Replacement, Furnace Repair, Furnace Service, Furnace Maintenance, Air Filters and Filtration, Boiler Replacement, Boiler Repair, Boiler Maintenance, Boiler Controls and Outdoor Resets, Pipe Thawing, Boiler System Operation, HVAC Unit Replacement, HVAC Unit Repair, HVAC Unit Maintenance, Storm Damage Assessment, Thermostats and Controls, Rebates, Preventative Maintenance, Air Conditioning Replacement, Air Conditioning Repair, Air Conditioning Maintenance, Air Conditioning Coils, Ductless Split Systems, Economizers, and Plumbing.
Be the first to start a conversation