Furnace Filter Brooklyn Center | Heating Service Brooklyn Center | All Climate Mechanical
Furnace Filter Brooklyn Center and why it matters to keep it clean. With spring starting on the 20th of March this year its time to look at a few inexpensive furnace maintenance tips. Would you like to increase your furnace efficiency by up to 15 percent? According to the U.S. Department of Energy, simply changing the filter at the appropriate interval can improve the system’s efficiency by that amount! This is thanks to the fact that dirty furnace filters prevent a steady stream of air from passing through the system and into your living space.
A clean filter will allow the furnace to work as designed. In contrast, a dirty filter will tax the system, forcing it to work much harder than it should have to. In the end, switching out your old filter for a new one has the potential to save you hundreds of dollars every year. Those are some serious savings!
Changing your furnace filter will also improve the quality of your indoor air. If you leave a clogged filter in place, it will make it difficult to trap additional dust, grime, and other unsavory particles. As a result, some of those nasty particles will make their way through your air ducts and into your home’s air.
It is also important to consider the fact that a dirty furnace filter increases the odds of a repair. Since dirty filters force the system to work much harder than it should, the furnace will endure extensive wear and tear. This heightens the chances of a breakdown and consequential repair. Add in the fact that an overtaxed furnace won’t last nearly as long as it should and it is easy to see why some homeowners switch out their system’s filter once per month just to be on the safe side.
What’s the big deal with changing your furnace filter?
Changing your furnace filter is one of the simplest and most effective ways of improving your indoor air quality and comfort while lowering your heating expenses. It is an important part of your Furnace Maintenance. Here are a few reasons why changing your furnace filter is so important:
- Dirty air filters are the leading cause of furnace system failures. This is because a clogged filter will restrict the airflow to your furnace system’s air handler, placing an added strain on the handler’s fan motor. Over time, this could result in motor burnout, system overheating or even failure. Investing the time in changing your filter can prevent this from happening and protect your expensive climate-control equipment.
- Dirty air filters cause your fan motor to work harder than necessary and use up more energy. Changing your furnace filter can significantly reduce your spending.
- Dirty air filters reduce your indoor air quality, which will aggravate allergies and promote sickness.
- Dirty air filters cause your furnace systems and ducts to become clogged or dirty faster, leading to costly expenses and a decreased life span.
- Take a moment to learn more about Furnace Maintenance in one of our previous blogs.
Your furnace filters should be checked every month, especially during winter and summer when your system is used the most. At a minimum they should be changed every three months. In order to help you remember when to replace it, try putting a monthly reminder on your Outlook calendar and change it on that same day each month. This way it is more likely to become a habit and may help you to remember to have extra furnace filters on hand so you’ll be sure to have them when you need them.
Furnace Filter Brooklyn Center | All Climate Mechanical | Trusted Rheem Contractor
Give us a call at 763-548-8095 for emergency service or to schedule a visit from an All Climate Mechanical Technician for your Furnace Filter Brooklyn Center.